Get Involved - Kirkcaldy Volunteering Opportunities
Make your move Kirkcaldy is a project which encourages the people of Kirkcaldy to walk and cycle more. Through events, activities and training opportunities alongside cycle path improvements and street design projects, MYMK aims to provide locals with better travel choices.
Our volunteer team is currently recruiting. A fantastic range of opportunities are on offer, designed to allow flexibility in the amount of hours you can give, and the level of responsibility you would like to have.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people, keen to share their passion and knowledge with others. Training is provided, if you don’t feel you have the necessary skills, but you’re interested in learning something new, we really want to hear from you.
- Ride leader- Lead small groups on rides, these can vary in length and ability depending on the group.
- Cycle trainer assistant – helping teach people the skills to achieve bikeability levels 1 and 2
- Bike maintenance course leader – teach small groups basic bike maintenance skills varying in level depending on skills and interest.
- Walk leader – lead small groups on walks varying in length depending on the group.
- Promotions eg. Distributing posters and fliers around your local community, manning stands at events, talking about the project to groups, promoting events that the project will be running and attending.
Training is free to attend; a minimum level of commitment will be required in order to secure a place (we ask for annual delivery of three short sessions connected to your training discipline).
If you are interested in joining an exciting and rewarding local project, we would love to hear from you.
Contact Rachel or Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07824 628 491