Walk to Work Week
May is national Walking Month and the challenge is to get your workplace walking!
May 13th-17th marks Walk to Work Week. During this time you and your colleagues can:
- see how many miles you walk, calories you burn and carbon you save with the online walking calculator
- count all walking, whether it's to work, at lunch or for a meeting
- set up teams to compete with colleagues
- achieve a walking feat - either simple individual feats of more extravagant team-feats
- raise money for your favourite charity - perhaps your charity of the year or a local community charity project
Getting your workplace walking gets you closer than just a destination
- Team spirit - compete with your colleagues and walk together
- Better shape- burn calories and get fitter
- Clear head - blow away the cobwebs and relieve stress
- Fatter wallet - save your bus fare and walk instead
- Hidden treasures - make new discoveries in your area
Find out more, register your workplace and create some teams at Walk to Work Week.